Saturday, September 03, 2011

Save money and make a simple home Salad Bar

salad


One thing I like to do for dinner, that my family loves, is make a salad bar. It's easy, inexpensive, fun, healthy and is always different; a plus in my book!

The only work involved is making the salad ingredients salad-friendly (cutting them to bite size) and if you want meat and aren't using leftovers, you'll need to cook the meat. Thinly slice or chunk up meats, shred cheeses and carrots, thinly slice or chunk up vegetables... the main thing is to get bite and how you like. many elements are already as nuts, peas, thawed, grated cheese, croutons (if you make your own!), Dried fruits and cooked.

You can do what you have on hand that well in a salad, including residues (good way to save money) to go play. Almost everything is now to be as creative as a salad. Once bitten the ingredients, just set the food on your work surface or table and areDressing in a bottle, homemade dressing and / or oil and vinegar at the end.

Here are some of the ingredients that you can use in a salad bar:

NUTS: think of all the dice are different and how you do it every single salad ... Honey roasted peanuts, plain roasted peanuts, sunflower seeds, almonds and walnuts are candied smoked some of my favorites.

greens: The greens and the salads are also many variants ... Romaine, iceberg, spinach and cabbagecome to mind. Each would have added another touch to your salad. You could also have a selection of vegetables, even though I usually use only one type for bar, why make things simple and inexpensive. I like to have already cut and mixed salads, when they are sold.

Cheese:. Cheese is an excellent ingredient for the salad bar we Parmesan, cheddar, mozzarella, feta, blue and many others.

VEGETABLES: There are so many different vegetables and you canprepare differently for your salad bar, grill and marinate or cook, or first. Of course, the easiest way is to simply cut fresh! Use your favorite or the ones you've never tried it on a salad of asparagus, cauliflower or broccoli.

FRUIT: I love fruit in salads, especially paired with a meat. Bacon and mandarins for example one of my favorites. Let's see ... Ham and pineapple and pork and apples are a couple that come to mind.Do not forget dried fruit. Dried cranberries, pineapple, raisins, and many others make a great addition to the salad.

Condiments: I usually have a variety of condiments in the bottle (I buy on sale) on hand and occasionally my own. To cut the calories of high-calorie creamy dressing, add vinegar and / or milk to taste them and for me it's really thinning best. Becomes even thinner on your salad.

SALAD topper: Even when Icould save money and make my toast, as I buy them ready-made, to save time. Recently I have another crouton-like elements, such as flavored tortilla strips made just for salads to be seen, but you can always broken tortilla chips in order to save money.

I hope this inspires you, try the salad bar homemade!

Friends Link : green parrot pub sim true mlm chilli man weiners hi def camcorder 5 hi def camcorder 1